What’s your favourite sort of soup? I discover it fascinating how you possibly can ask 10 totally different individuals that very same precise query and find yourself with 10 totally different solutions.
Some persons are loopy about rooster noodle soup. Others like to stay with one thing traditional like tomato soup. Myself? As a lot as I like making a ton of various soup recipes, should you have been to pressure me to decide on a favourite, I feel I must go along with do-it-yourself break up pea soup, and that is my favourite break up pea soup combine recipe which you could make forward and retailer in a jar!
For the break up pea soup recipe you’ll want two cups of break up peas, dried thyme, chopped onion, garlic powder, one single bay leaf, one rooster (or vegetable should you would like) bouillon dice, and salt and pepper.
Just layer all the substances inside your jar by following the instructions listed beneath and also you’ll have a no-hassle break up pea soup able to make everytime you’re searching for a tremendous simple meal!
(You may like: Make-Ahead Chicken Noodle Soup Mix in a Jar)
Make-Ahead Split Pea Soup Mix in a Jar
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups break up inexperienced peas
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- three tbsp dried chopped onions
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 rooster or vegetable bouillon dice
- Layer the substances in the next order in a jar:
– break up inexperienced peas
– dried thyme
– garlic powder
– black pepper
– bay leaf
– bouillon dice
- Print the recipe tag on card inventory and reduce out.
- Attach the tag to the jar.
- Decorate the jar as you want.
To make the soup:
- Unwrap the bouillon dice.
- Add the bouillon dice, remaining content material of the jar, 2 diced carrots, 2 diced celery stalk and 6 cups of water into a massive pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high warmth.
- Reduce the warmth.
- Cover and simmer, till the break up peas are tender, about one hour, including extra water as mandatory.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- Stir in 1 cup of chopped ham and serve.